Sunday, January 6, 2013

Introduction

Saw this ad on the subway home one day...pretty much sums it up
So, I'm Megan and I currently live in New York City (Harlem, to be exact). I came up with the idea to start this blog because I enjoy writing (and blogging - see my London excerpts here), but mostly because I didn't want to have moved to the "best city in the world" and do nothing but sit in my apartment all the time. I guess it's a bit of personal motivation. I don't plan on living in this city forever, so I'm setting out to make the most of my time here. I want to really see and do all that there is to see and do in NYC. And then write about it.

My background is a bit convoluted on the NYC issue, but a quick summary: I lived in Michigan until I was 14. I went to high school on Long Island (during which I had my first ever visit to the Big Apple) and to college in Upstate NY. Upon graduation, I briefly interned at a PR agency in Manhattan but lived on Long Island again and really didn't spend much time in the city outside of work. Later that year, I moved back to Michigan, where I've lived for close to 4 years. On a hope and a prayer, I quit my job in May 2012 and moved back to Long Island to live with my best friend and her fiance while I looked for my dream job in NYC. A month later, I found it! Five months later, I found an apartment with an old roommate from college and took the leap. So, now here I am - finally living in the city that I, honestly, have been avoiding all these years. 

The task at hand: Explore a new neighborhood of New York each weekend (all 5 boroughs are included). Nothing is off-limits. While most "adventures" will take place on the weekends - I do have a full-time job - occasionally, I'll post about midweek excursions, especially those related to food...I love food. Armed with my MetroCard, anything is possible. 

Bring it on, NYC!

1 comment:

  1. I see that my praying "a hedge of protection" around you is fully being implemented in the heavens. Your adventerism is admired. Please be careful.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete